Suggested Guidelines For Summer Reading 2013
Immediately following the reading of each book, make notes on the following:
- What is the setting (time and place) of the book?
- List and identify the main characters.
- List the major events in chronological order.
- What types of conflict are present? (man vs. himself, man, nature, society?)
- Identify the final climax and explain how it is resolved.
Students will be tested on the summer reading books during the first week of class in the fall. Related written assignments will follow throughout the year.
The Campus Store has copies of all required books in grades 7-12. The students will be given a chance during the last week of regular classes in May to purchase the texts with the correct ISBN numbers during their English class through using the school charge system or a parent's check.
If ordering online, going to a book store or to the Parent Community Consignment Shop be sure that if a specific ISBN is requested (Upper School) that you purchase the correct one. Also if the list says unabridged that you order the correct version. Most books are available in softback versions. Here are some places where the books can be ordered:
For the lower elementary list, parents and students are encouraged to visit their local library.