Suggested Guidelines For Summer Reading
Immediately following the reading of each book, make notes on the following:
- What is the setting (time and place) of the book?
- List and identify the main characters.
- List the major events in chronological order.
- What types of conflict are present? (man vs. himself, man, nature, society)
- Identify the final climax and explain how it is resolved.
Students will be tested on the summer reading books during the first week of class in the fall. Related written assignments will follow throughout the year.
The Campus Store has copies of all required books in grades 7 through 12. The students will be given a chance during the last week of regular classes in May to purchase the texts with the correct ISBN numbers during their English class, using the school charge system or a parent's check.
If ordering online, in a bookstore, or in the Parent Community Consignment Shop, be sure that if a specific ISBN is requested for Upper School students so that you purchase the correct books; also, be sure, if the list says unabridged, that you order the correct version. Most books are available in softback versions. Here are some places where the books can be ordered:
For the lower elementary list, parents and students are encouraged to visit their local library.