Congratulations to the Woodward Academy Class of 2021!
This class of 281 seniors represents the very best of Atlanta, a group that overcame the challenges of a pandemic not just to survive, but to thrive in the classroom, in the community, and on the athletic field.
You can read more about this extraordinary group at the Class of 2021 page.
Their accomplishments include:
- More than $13 million in merit scholarships; 19 students recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation including 16 commended and three finalists; 56 students graduating summa cum laude, 51 students graduating magna cum laude, and 36 students graduating cum laude; one perfect ACT score; 201 competitive scholarship offers by colleges and universities; 10 President’s Scholars; seven Dean’s Scholars; 177 anticipated HOPE Qualified Scholars including 42 Zell Miller Scholars.
- 12 University of Georgia Honors Program offers; Cambridge Scholarship to Rhodes College; National Center for Women & Information Technology Award for Aspirations in Computing; National Honor Society Scholarship; Furman University Music Scholar; University of MS Center for Manufacturing Excellence Toyota-Haley Barbour Scholarship; Howard University Achievers Scholarship; American University Frederick Douglass Scholarship; Sewanee: The University of the South Ecce Quam Bonum Award; Auburn University Academic Heritage Scholarship; University of Puget Sound Provost’s Scholarship; Syracuse University Full Tuition Scholarship.
- Debate State Champions; two National Speech and Debate Association Academic All-Americans; “Final Four” at the National Debate Coaches Association National Championships; debate champions at the Niles Township Invitational, Marist Ivy Bridge Invitational, Evanston Superb Owl, the University of Georgia Bulldog Debates, and the Alpharetta Treasure Hunt; debate runners-up at the Meadows Invitational and Westminster Wildcat Debates.
- A Girls Basketball State Championship; State Championship Runners Up in Boys Swimming and Diving; 14 Regional/Area Championships; 20 teams qualifying for the State Playoffs; 21 athletes accepting scholarship offers to play in college.
- National and global rankings for the robotics club; one student All State Band in French horn; principal cello with the Atlanta Youth Symphony Orchestra; Georgia Music Educators Association All-State Band; GMEA District 5 Honor Band; one student going to college on a music scholarship; Scholastic Art Awards silver key for sculpture, gold key for art portfolio, five silver keys for photography, silver key for art portfolio, four honorable mentions.