Woodward to Host Drive-In for Students & Families
While the pandemic makes it harder to get the Woodward community together, that just means some creativity is needed to create opportunities for War Eagles to unite. And, as it turns out, there’s a great, retro way to do just that!
In the coming weeks, Woodward will host a Saturday Night Drive-In movie series. The movies will be shown in the student transport satellite parking lot, which is located at 1636 Willingham Drive, East Point.
The first event will be Saturday, October 10, at 7:45 p.m., and the movie will be Remember the Titans.
Event details for this and subsequent screenings (including dates, times, and films) will be communicated to the WA Community the week prior to the event. Stay tuned for more news!
- Attendees may arrive up to one hour before the scheduled movie start time.
- One car per family/household.
- A current Woodward Student or Staff ID Card must be shown for entry.
- Upper School students are allowed to have two non-related students in the same vehicle (they must arrive together in that vehicle).
- Middle School students are allowed to have two non-related students in the same vehicle as long as they are accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Once a vehicle has parked, it should not be moved. Vehicles will not be allowed to leave and return.
- All attendees must stay in the vehicle that they arrived in, at all times. The only exceptions are for using the restroom and purchasing concessions.
- Attendees must wear a mask when they are outside of their vehicles.
- Restrooms are located in the Student Transport building. Attendees may access the restrooms by walking through the gate at the rear of the parking lot.
- Sound for the movie will be broadcast over a posted FM frequency.
- Concessions will be available, with all proceeds going to WA Serves projects. All concessions are cash only and $1 each.