What is The Woodward Fund? Why is it important to give?
The Woodward Fund, the Academy's annual giving program, directly benefits students, teachers, and coaches by providing resources for dynamic learning opportunities in every classroom, funding for athletics and the arts, and increased need-based student financial aid.
Who can support The Woodward Fund?
Woodward welcomes support from parents, grandparents, alumni, alumni parents, friends of the Academy, faculty, and staff.
Are parents required to give a certain amount to The Woodward Fund?
Gifts to The Woodward Fund are voluntary and appreciated at every giving level. Parent participation expresses commitment to the quality educational experience of each of our students. Every gift is important to reaching The Woodward Fund goal each year.
How soon will I be expected to pay my pledge?
Pledges can be paid at any time prior to the end of the Academy's fiscal year, May 31. Payment can be made in installments with reminder notices sent according to the donor's instructions. The easiest way to pay a pledge is by visiting our online giving page.
Can I make a gift in honor or memory of someone special?
Gifts can be made in honor or memory of someone with a minimum donation of $25 per honoree. For example, donors can make a gift in honor of a teacher who has made a difference in a student's education or in memory of a loved one. A notification letter will be mailed to the individual or family, and the honoree's name will be listed in the annual Philanthropy Report.
Does The Woodward Fund accept gifts of securities?
Woodward Academy gratefully receives gifts of appreciated assets, such as securities. A gift of appreciated stock often offers tax benefits to the donor.
What is the process for transferring stock to The Woodward Fund?
- Instruct your broker to transfer the gift shares directly to Woodward Academy's broker, CIBC Private Wealth Management.
- To ensure that stock gifts have been correctly processed, please contact Claire Hegarty, Director of Advancement, at the time of transfer.
- At the time of transfer, it is very important that your broker provide the details to the bank representative, Whitacre Mansfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-881-3432.
- Woodward Academy's account number is VA64-0079-03-4.
- The DTC number is 5409 (Reliance Trust).