Middle School Visual Artists Win Awards in ACP Open Exhibition
Three Middle School visual artists have won awards in the Atlanta Celebrates Photography Open Exhibition. Congratulations to the following students:
- Raina Gupta - Critic's Choice Award* (Youth 13 & Under)
- Lexa Patel - 1st Place (Youth 13 & Under)
- Eavie Umphenour - 3rd Place (Youth 13 & Under)
*The Critics Choice Award was selected from nearly 400 submissions in every age category.
Each September through October, the juried/award event is one of many exhibitions that transform Atlanta into a celebration of photography. Some of the sponsors include:
- Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs
- Fulton County
- Georgia Council for the Arts
- Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
- Massey Family Charitable Trust
This virtual event was judged by Scott Lowden. Lowden has more than 20 years of experience under his belt; he’s one of the most accomplished talents and has shot campaigns for some of the world’s most recognizable brands. His career launched with a focus on still-life after which he dedicated several years to directing for television and creating festival-worthy short films. Today, Lowden combines all of these varied experiences to bring his characteristic cinematic approach to lifestyle photography.
- All News for WA
- middle school