Information & Downloads
- Art Club*
- Cub Scouts (4th & 5th grades, boys and girls) and Scouts BSA (late 5th grade & 6th grade, boys and girls) - run by parent volunteers
- Chess - Champion Chess, private pay
- Fencing - Walid Mahran, private pay
- Girl Scouts - run by parent volunteers
- Library Aides
- Hand Bells*
- Honors Band
- Honors Chorus*
- Honors Dance*
- Odyssey of the Mind - parent volunteers
- Piano Lessons - private pay
- Tennis - private pay
- TV Crew*
Note: Some of these activities require an additional fee and the scouting program is run by parent volunteers. For additional information on these activities, please look in the Lower Letter and/or contact the Lower School office at 404.765.4420.
The Woodward Academy Athletic Department and the Parent Community are once again pleased to provide you with a complimentary Athletic Pass for the 2020-21 school year. This pass will allow free admission to home athletic events.
If you have not already picked up your pass, you may pick it up at the Athletic Office any time Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please take note of the following helpful tips and guidelines:
- This Athletic Pass is not valid for away events, scrimmages, invitational, and/or regional tournaments, nor for Georgia High School Association (GHSA) post-season events.
- Each Woodward Academy parent (not family) will receive one AthleticPass with a unique barcode. Each parent must use their own AthleticPass.
- This will be the only complimentary Athletic Pass you will receive. A fee will be charged for any replacement passes. Therefore, it is highly recommended you take a photo of your pass, including the barcode, with a camera-enabled smartphone in case your card is lost or stolen.
- Spectators entering events without a WA Athletic Pass will be charged the posted entry fee.
- This Athletic Pass will help volunteers at the entrance gates to identify you as a Woodward Academy parent, so please have your pass ready to scan at the gate. Upper and Middle School students will enter free of charge by showing their Woodward student ID card. Lower and Primary school students do not need an ID when entering with a parent.
GO, WAR EAGLES!
*Please note: admission fees will be charged for away games and GHSA events such as playoffs, scrimmages, tournaments and, championships.
In addition to the general guidelines below and the information on the main transportation page on the website, Lower School families should be aware that students must wait for their ride at the designated Thomas Hall pick-up areas at the north, south, or front carpools.
- Students in Collins, Gordon, Hood, LeFevers, Peek and Shamp homerooms will report to the front carpool on Madison Street.
- Students in Broad, Brown, Duke, Goins, Phillips, Poole, Twiss, and Weiss-Remillard homerooms will report to the South Carpool on Cambridge Avenue.
- Students in Baker, Bertossi, Dunkle, Fields, Majekodunmi, Mance, Moran, Silva, Silvert, and Vangrofsky homerooms will report to the North Carpool off of Walker Ave.
From the first day of school onward, we ask that parents picking students up in the afternoon at regular times avoid entering the building. Bus riders will be dismissed first, followed by After School Care students, and then walkers and bike riders. Lastly, Carpool will be dismissed to their respective areas as listed above. Markers will be at each carpool area to assist the students in maintaining six foot social distancing and two staff members will be assigned to each area to monitor this process. Each parent or designee will have a placard with the students name placed in their front windshield. These placards will be distributed on registration in your child's homeroom.
We ask that parents partner with us in making transportation, morning drop-off, and afternoon pick-up a great community touchpoint experience for all involved. Toward this effort, we ask for those in cars to remain off of cell phones during these times and to pull forward in the carpool line as far as possible. It also helps to speed the process if you have your carpool tag prominently displayed. For families considering MARTA for their K-6th graders, we ask that there is a consistent, designated older sibling or family friend to meet your child. If we cannot unite the students, we will bring the student back to the school to wait for pick-up.
Notification of Changes
For the safety and wellbeing of all our youngest students (Pre-K through 8th), it’s important that we’re kept abreast of any and all changes—whether planned or last-minute—to their transportation plans. Please notify your classroom teachers and the front office in the event of early dismissal (covered above), bus changes, After School Care arrangements, or change in carpool driver. Additionally, if parents plan to be out of town, we ask that you please notify us and include information about who will be taking care of the student, any other specific arrangements, and contact information for all parties in case of emergency.
Pick-up and drop-off times are part of the school day and our transportation services are part of the Woodward community, so please note that all school behavior guidelines and consequences apply. This includes staying in uniform (or the clothes associated with your after school activity) during these transition periods. All students also should have their ID badge with them to ride the bus or commute via MARTA. In addition to following the Woodward Way and our behavior expectations throughout all transportation, please note that students riding MARTA should also follow the MARTA code of conduct.
All students (through grade 6) who walk home must have written permission, via email or letter, on file in their school front office, and homeroom teachers also should be informed. This also includes children of faculty and staff, who walk to their parent’s classroom or office after school.