Information & Downloads
- BELL Schedule
- ipad and e-book information
- Athletic Pass
- Dismissal Procedures
- Middle School Day Planner
- iPad Handbook, Insurance and Agreement: http://bit.ly/aboutWAMSipads
In order for students to receive their school-issued iPads, they must first:
- Review the 2019-2020 iPad Handbook above
- Decide to opt in/out of the WAMS iPad Insurance Program (link below)
- Complete and return the Student and Parent iPad Agreement
- Found on the last page of the WAMS 1:1 iPad Handbook
- Rising 7th/New-to-WA 8th: Due on Orientation Day, Tuesday 8/13
- Returning 8th: Due on the first day of school, Wednesday, 8/14
- WAMS iPad Insurance Opt In/Out Form: http://bit.ly/insureWAMSipad
An optional, but strongly recommended, iPad insurance program is offered by the WA Technology Department. The program is detailed in Section 10 of the 2019-2020 1:1 iPad Handbook. The completion of this online form is require, even if you opt out of the insurance program.
As a reminder, the insurance plan is an annual plan and must be purchased at the start of every school year. Deadline to enroll is September 13, 2019.
- WAMS eBook Purchase and Access Instructions: http://bit.ly/buyWAMSebooks
As part of our 1:1 program, several subject areas will be using eBooks in lieu of print textbooks this year. The use of eBooks allows for anytime, anywhere learning, a substantial reduction in textbook fees, and lessens the burden of transporting textbooks from class to class or home to school.
The graphics below highlights the overview of the eBook purchase / access process. The eBook Purchase and Access Instructions above provide step-by-step details.
VitalSource Bookshelf: used for digital textbooks.
Carefully follow the eBook Purchase and Access Instructions above to ensure that your child(ren)'s account(s) are set up correctly.
The Woodward Academy Athletic Department and the Parent Community are once again pleased to provide you with a complimentary Athletic Pass for the 2016-17 school year. This pass will allow free admission to home athletic events.
Middle School Parent Athletic Passes: You may pick up your athletic passes any time Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. You may also pick up your passes outside the stadium just before the first home game on September 6 (weather permitting).
If you have not already picked up your pass, you may pick it up at the Athletic Office any time Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please take note of the following helpful tips and guidelines:
- This Athletic Pass is not valid for away events, scrimmages, invitational, and/or regional tournaments, nor for Georgia High School Association (GHSA) post-season events.
- Each Woodward Academy parent (not family) will receive one AthleticPass with a unique barcode. Each parent must use their own AthleticPass.
- This will be the only complimentary Athletic Pass you will receive. A fee will be charged for any replacement passes. Therefore, it is highly recommended you take a photo of your pass, including the barcode, with a camera-enabled smartphone in case your card is lost or stolen.
- Spectators entering events without a WA Athletic Pass will be charged the posted entry fee.
- This Athletic Pass will help volunteers at the entrance gates to identify you as a Woodward Academy parent, so please have your pass ready to scan at the gate. Upper and Middle School students will enter free of charge by showing their Woodward student ID card. Lower and Primary school students do not need an ID when entering with a parent.
GO, WAR EAGLES!
*Please note: admission fees will be charged for away games and GHSA events such as playoffs, scrimmages, tournaments and, championships.
In addition to the general guidelines below and the information on the main transportation page on the website, Middle School students and families should be aware that drop-off and pick-up is located on Adams Street or the front middle school driveway. Students should NOT be dropped off or picked up on Jackson Street, as this is a bus lane.
We ask that parents partner with us in making transportation, morning drop-off, and afternoon pick-up a great community touchpoint experience for all involved. Toward this effort, we ask for those in cars to remain off of cell phones during these times and to pull forward in the carpool line as far as possible. It also helps to speed the process if you have your carpool tag prominently displayed.
Notification of Changes
For the safety and wellbeing of all our youngest students (Pre-K through 8th), it’s important that we’re kept abreast of any and all changes—whether planned or last-minute—to their transportation plans. Please notify your classroom teachers and the front office in the event of early dismissal (covered above), bus changes, After School Care arrangements, or change in carpool driver. Additionally, if parents plan to be out of town, we ask that you please notify us and include information about who will be taking care of the student, any other specific arrangements, and contact information for all parties in case of emergency.
Pick-up and drop-off times are part of the school day and our transportation services are part of the Woodward community, so please note that all school behavior guidelines and consequences apply. This includes staying in uniform (or the clothes associated with your after school activity) during these transition periods. All students also should have their ID badge with them to ride the bus or commute via MARTA. In addition to following the Woodward Way and our behavior expectations throughout all transportation, please note that students riding MARTA should also follow the MARTA code of conduct.