Information & Downloads
- Intramurals & Cocurriculars
- Field Trip Permission Form
- Athletic Pass
- After School Care
- Dismissal Procedures
- Responsible Use Agreement
The Woodward Academy Athletic Department and the Parent Community are once again pleased to provide you with a complimentary Athletic Pass for the 2020-21 school year. This pass will allow free admission to home athletic events.
If you have not already picked up your pass, you may pick it up at the Athletic Office any time Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please take note of the following helpful tips and guidelines:
- This Athletic Pass is not valid for away events, scrimmages, invitational, and/or regional tournaments, nor for Georgia High School Association (GHSA) post-season events.
- Each Woodward Academy parent (not family) will receive one AthleticPass with a unique barcode. Each parent must use their own AthleticPass.
- This will be the only complimentary Athletic Pass you will receive. A fee will be charged for any replacement passes. Therefore, it is highly recommended you take a photo of your pass, including the barcode, with a camera-enabled smartphone in case your card is lost or stolen.
- Spectators entering events without a WA Athletic Pass will be charged the posted entry fee.
- This Athletic Pass will help volunteers at the entrance gates to identify you as a Woodward Academy parent, so please have your pass ready to scan at the gate. Upper and Middle School students will enter free of charge by showing their Woodward student ID card. Lower and Primary school students do not need an ID when entering with a parent.
GO, WAR EAGLES!
*Please note: admission fees will be charged for away games and GHSA events such as playoffs, scrimmages, tournaments and, championships.
In addition to the general guidelines below, and the information on the transportation page on the website, Primary School families should be aware of the following. For carpool, tags can be picked up at registration, and if more than two tags are needed, contact the front office and we will make as many as you need. For the safety of all students as well as to expedite the pick-up and drop-off process, we ask parents who park and walk up to the building to remain away from the gym doors and outside of the building. This will help us to monitor when students leave and with whom they leave.
Students riding the bus will be given an afternoon snack before departing for the Main Campus bus stop. A late bus departing Main Campus at 6:15 p.m. is available for students remaining at school for cocurricular activities or After School Care, but we ask parents to consider this option carefully as it makes a very long day for our Primary School students.
We ask that parents partner with us in making transportation, morning drop-off, and afternoon pick-up a great community touchpoint experience for all involved. Toward this effort, we ask for those in cars to remain off of cell phones during these times and to pull forward in the carpool line as far as possible. It also helps to speed the process if you have your carpool tag prominently displayed. For families considering MARTA for their K-6th graders, we ask that there is a consistent, designated older sibling or family friend to meet your child. If we cannot unite the students, we will bring the student back to the school to wait for pick-up.
Notification of Changes
For the safety and wellbeing of all our youngest students (Pre-K through 8th), it’s important that we’re kept abreast of any and all changes—whether planned or last-minute—to their transportation plans. Please notify your classroom teachers and the front office in the event of early dismissal (covered above), bus changes, After School Care arrangements, or change in carpool driver. Additionally, if parents plan to be out of town, we ask that you please notify us and include information about who will be taking care of the student, any other specific arrangements, and contact information for all parties in case of emergency.
Pick-up and drop-off times are part of the school day and our transportation services are part of the Woodward community, so please note that all school behavior guidelines and consequences apply. This includes staying in uniform (or the clothes associated with your after school activity) during these transition periods. All students also should have their ID badge with them to ride the bus or commute via MARTA. In addition to following the Woodward Way and our behavior expectations throughout all transportation, please note that students riding MARTA should also follow the MARTA code of conduct.
All students (through grade 6) who walk home must have written permission, via email or letter, on file in their school front office, and homeroom teachers also should be informed. This also includes children of faculty and staff, who walk to their parent’s classroom or office after school.