We know you are busy and that's why we make getting to Woodward as convenient as possible. Our top-safety rated buses are equipped with state-of-the art amenities including air conditioning, WiFi, USB ports, reading lights, and a student tracking system that lets parents see in real-time when their child gets on and off the bus. (See our Bus Schedules below to find your nearest stop.) Because we are sensitive to the needs and schedules of our families, our buses even leave early on Fridays to get our students home promptly! Woodward security officers accompany 350+ students on MARTA every day, and other families join our Carpool-to-School service. Learn more details below.
He's here to help with routes, bus procedures, registration or payments.
- Does Woodward sell Marta Cards? How can I order them?
- What does Woodward do to Assist with Student Safety on Marta?
- My child left an item on the bus. Whom should I contact?
- When do you notify parents that a bus will be late?
- Who do I contact with an urgent bus issue?
- What do I do if my child misses the bus?
- What happens if I am running behind schedule and will be late getting to the bus stop?
- Once my child is registered, can my child ride any Woodward bus if needed?
- Can my child ride the bus if they are not registered?
- How can I ensure I am getting text alerts and emails from Student Transport?
- Who can assist me with setting up student and GPS tracking for the bus?
- Can my student wait inside a designated store or location for me after the bus arrives at the stop?
- Who can help me review transportation options and details about bus registration?
- What time should I arrive to my child’s bus stop?
- Where should I park for drop-off and pick-up for the campus connect shuttle?
Yes, the Campus Store sells discounted MARTA cards for our students. Parents of Lower and Primary School children can have them delivered to the front office in each school. Please allow a day or two for delivery.
Please contact Student Transport Dispatch at 404-765-4520 at your earliest convenience. Some of our routes have multiple stops and it is important that we transport all students home in a timely manner. To avoid extensive delays with other families, your child’s bus may have to continue with the route, and then circle back to your stop. The Dispatch operator will be able to inform you with a specific plan.
Yes, we understand that a student may spend time between multiple households or travel to different locations. There is no fee for changing buses as long as your child is registered for at least one route*. (*Please note that the Campus Connect Shuttle is not included. Students who register for Campus Connect will not be permitted to ride other buses without paying a fee.) We recommend you email email@example.com to advise Student Transport of any changes.
We only allow our Middle and Upper School students to wait at a designated store meeting point. A signed Permission Form is required before students are released in this manner. Younger siblings may be released to wait with their Middle or Upper School siblings. Younger siblings cannot be released if the Middle or Upper School student is not present.
A Woodward shuttle bus between Main Campus and the College Park MARTA station (one mile from campus) is provided in the morning and afternoon on all school days by Woodward's Student Transportation department. The shuttle is located on the East Main Street side of the College Park station. Parents may also track when students board and exit the Woodward shuttle for MARTA using the SafeStop app, instructions can be found in the Bus section. Please note we do not offer GPS tracking for the MARTA shuttles.
- Safety, Security & Procedures
- Transferring Trains
- Breeze Cards
- Age of Riders
- Contact Information
- MARTA Staff
- All evidence indicates that travel by MARTA to and from Woodward is as safe as, if not safer than, vehicular travel.
- Parents may also track when students board and exit the Woodward shuttle for MARTA using the SafeStop app, instructions can be found in the Bus section. Please note we do not offer GPS tracking for the MARTA shuttles.
- Woodward provides all students with a card with emergency MARTA numbers, Woodward security, and the text number for the MARTA See & Say app.
- All riders are encouraged to download the MARTA See & Say app, a free smartphone application that allows users to report suspicious activity directly to MARTA's police.
- Please note that MARTA is public transportation and not under the administration of Woodward Academy. Patronage is at your discretion.
- Upon arrival at the College Park MARTA station, a designated Student Transport Supervisor greets students and ensures that they go directly to the Woodward shuttles.
- The Woodward shuttle drops PS students at the PS shuttle. The US and MS students are dropped off at the US Dining Hall and LS students are unloaded at the LS bus lane.
- A dedicated Woodward security officer oversees all four afternoon MARTA shuttles by accompanying students through the station and on the platform until train departs.
- MARTA Officers direct students to load in the last two to three cars on the train. Students are expected to stay together.
- Due to the large volume of Woodward students who take the 3:50 p.m. shuttle, uniformed MARTA Police Officers greet the students at the College Park MARTA station and ride with them to the North Springs, Doraville, and Indian Creek stations . We also have WA Staff members that accompany the students to the North Springs & Doraville stations.
- For the 5:30 p.m. and 6:10 p.m. shuttles, uniformed MARTA Police Officers greet the students at the College Park MARTA station and ride with them to either North Springs or Doraville stations.
- If a student ever misses the shuttle, the student is informed to call Woodward Academy Security at 404-557-7790 to arrange a ride to or from the College Park MARTA Station.
No transfer is necessary while traveling on the North-South lines. College Park is the next-to-last stop before the airport.
Students using the East-West line will have to transfer at Five Points. We recommend that parents take one or more practice runs with their students to become familiar with the logistics of the transfer.
Students returning on the north line will need to be sure to take the appropriate train as the northern route splits after Lindbergh Station into Doraville and North Springs lines. Students returning on the eastern line will need to make sure their train continues to the end of the line.
The judgment as to when a student is ready to ride MARTA as a transportation option is left to the parents. In an average year, riders include 150 Upper School and Middle School students, 50 Lower School students, and 10 Primary School students. Woodward recommends that Primary and Lower School students be accompanied by a Middle or Upper School sibling.
- Is there a fee for the MARTA shuttle?
- Does Woodward sell MARTA cards? How can I order them?
- What does Woodward do to assist with student safety on MARTA?
Yes, the Campus Store sells discounted MARTA cards for our students. Parents of Lower and Primary School children can have them delivered to the front office in each school. Please allow a day or two for delivery. Please note that MARTA cards expire.
Because our families arrive at Woodward from more than 100 zips and 23 counties, we know the ability to carpool is of high value to you. For your convenience, Woodward Academy offers a carpool service that will allow you to find other families in your home area who would like to carpool to campus or to the nearest MARTA station.
Please visit Carpool to School today to join this service, where you will have access to instructional videos and a chat window for assistance. In addition, you may email the Woodward IT Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our IT Department at 404.765.4130 for assistance.
We hope our family carpool service will make the school commute easier and more enjoyable for your family. Carpooling not only saves time and expense but also offers students and their families an opportunity to make new friends within our Woodward community.