- Welcome to Woodward North
- Registration / Orientation
- forms due on registration day
- Supply List
- first day of school
- Summer Reading requirements
- Summer Math Requirements
Welcome to Woodward North! We are so excited about the journey ahead, and we look forward to working closely with you to ensure that your children reach their fullest potential.
Already, our faculty is planning for a 2017-2018 school year rich in opportunities for growth in academics, athletics, the arts, and character education. In this packet, you will find information to assist you with planning ahead for next school year. Look for an email in June with more details, including everything you need to know for the start of school.
Please save the date for a new family orientation on Tuesday, August 15 at Woodward North. Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students, along with their parents, will have the opportunity to meet teachers and see their classrooms from 4 to 5 p.m., and students in first through sixth grades should plan to attend with their parents from 7 to 8 p.m.
On registration day, Wednesday, August 16, students are required to wear their uniforms and arrive between 8 and 10 a.m. with a parent. Students will meet their teachers, and parents will have the opportunity to volunteer for Parent Community activities and sign up for cocurricular activities offered throughout the year. The first day of school, Thursday, August 17, will be the beginning of a wonderful year.
In my own time as a Woodward parent, I was moved and delighted by the warm guidance that my children received every year at the Academy. Working together, our school and your home will provide a firm foundation on which your students can build their futures.
Meanwhile, we hope that you and your children enjoy a fantastic summer. If you have any questions during the summer, please call our front office at 404.765.4490. Voicemail messages will be answered in a timely manner.
Thank you for entrusting us with the education of your children.
Principal, Woodward North
New Family Orientation (students and parents) will be held on Tuesday, August 15, 2017, according to the schedules listed below.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten will be from 4 to 5 p.m. Students should wear play clothes.
- 1st through 6th grades will be from 7 to 8 p.m. Students should wear play clothes.
- Students will receive Classroom Portal activation codes during orientation or the first week of school.
- ALL students are additionally required to attend registration on Wednesday, August 16. Details are below.
Mandatory registration for all new and returning students will be held on Wednesday, August 16, 2017, between 8 and 10 a.m. in the North Campus Multiplex. Students do not attend classes on registration day; however, all students should wear their Woodward Academy uniforms and be accompanied by a parent for registration.
Student medical records must be submitted in advance of Registration, or the student will not be permitted to attend the first day of school. Visit the Parent Portal to update student medical records for 2017-2018.
First Day of School: Thursday, August 17, 2017
- All students are to report in uniform at 8 a.m. After 8:15 a.m., they are considered tardy, and a parent must accompany student to school office.
- Dismissal for pre-K and K is at 2:30 p.m. Dismissal for Grades 1-6 is at 3 p.m.
- School hours are also posted on each school's home page within Current Families and within Academics on the Woodward North home page.
ALL rising 4th grade WN students should complete the 4th Grade Math Packet listed below.
Rising 5th grade students WHO ARE NEW TO WOODWARD NORTH should complete the 5th Grade Math Packet listed below. Rising 5th grade students who attended Woodward North in 2016-2017 should complete the online IXL summer assignment provided by their teacher.
Rising 6th grade students WHO ARE NEW TO WOODWARD NORTH should complete the 6th Grade Math Packet listed below. Rising 6th grade students who attended Woodward North in 2016-2017 should complete the online IXL summer assignment provided by their teacher.