After many hours of deliberation and investigation, guided by recommendations from public health agencies and our own school health personnel, Woodward is offering On-Campus Learning for 2020-2021.
For families who aren’t comfortable returning to campus, Woodward offers the option of Remote Learning, enhanced by new technologies allowing students to learn and participate, in real-time, with their peers and teachers during classes as if they were in school.
We are fortunate to benefit from Woodward’s spacious campus, combined with our small class sizes, which allow us to physically distance our students six feet between desks in every classroom. The information below describes in detail the numerous precautionary measures, from mandatory face masks to a home health screening app, to keep our students safe in our classrooms, on playgrounds, and on our buses. Please click on each of the icons below for specific details.
Our plan is based on current information available to-date. It is subject to change based on updated guidance or directives from public health and/or government officials, or based on our assessment of pandemic conditions in the metro Atlanta area.
We follow recommendations developed by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Georgia’s Department for Public Health (GDPH) with proper health and safety precautions in place for resuming on-campus operations. Our decision was guided by the following principles and objectives:
- Prioritize the health and safety of our community.
- Be compliant with government orders.
- Follow guidelines from CDC, GDPH, World Health Organization, GHSA, SAIS, NAIS, along with other metro Atlanta private and public schools.
- Fulfill our mission of creating a richer learning community with exceptional academic opportunities.
- Give preference to on-campus learning as health and safety conditions allow, while offering flexibility to families who prefer to keep their child(ren) home.
- Ensure the Academy's financial strength and stability.