Guided by recommendations from public health agencies and Academy health personnel, Woodward is offering In-Person Learning for 2021-2022.
We are fortunate to benefit from Woodward’s spacious campus, combined with our small class sizes, which allow us to physically distance our students a minimum of 3 feet between desks in every classroom. In addition to following guidelines provided by the CDC, Georgia DPH, Fulton County DPH, American Academy of Pediatrics, and GHSA, we have been evaluating long-term rates of COVID-19 in children ages 2-17 with data from CHOA, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, and Epidemiologist Amber Schmidtke.
The information below describes in detail the numerous precautionary measures, from mandatory face masks to a home health screening app, to keep our students safe in our classrooms, on playgrounds, and on our buses. Please click on each of the icons below for specific details.
Our decision was guided by the following principles and objectives:
- Prioritize the health and safety of our community.
- Be compliant with government orders.
- Fulfill our mission of creating a richer learning community with exceptional academic opportunities.
- Give preference for in-person learning as health and safety conditions allow.
- Ensure the Academy's financial strength and stability.
Our plan is based on current information available to-date. It is subject to change based on updated guidance or directives from public health and/or government officials, or based on our assessment of pandemic conditions in the metro Atlanta area.