MARTA is committed to operating a safe, efficient, and clean transit system for our Woodward students. MARTA is taking proactive measures to ensure our students stay healthy, including:
- Daily cleaning of all MARTA trains and stations, with a focus on high touch areas such as handrails, elevator buttons, BREEZE machines, and restrooms.
- Electrostatic spraying backpack cleaners to thoroughly sanitize and disinfect the entire train fleet nightly.
- Mid-day end of line cleaning and disinfecting.
- Installation of portable hand washing and hand sanitizer stations over the next weeks.
- Distribution of 2 million masks over the next few weeks to encourage mask wearing.
- Emphasis on social distancing by limiting ridership, inserting additional trains for capacity, and placing MARTA officials and station personnel at key locations during peak ridership hours to facilitate social distancing measures.
- Addition of trains between 6-9 a.m. and 3-7 p.m., with trains to come every 10 minutes.