Please be assured that Woodward’s leadership team and Governing Board have worked tirelessly over the last few months to analyze every aspect of the school’s budget on behalf of our families and to reduce expenses where possible, without sacrificing the exceptional educational experience you expect for your student. Our senior leadership team has even taken a double-digit salary decrease to illustrate their commitment to Woodward and our families, and to balance our overall budget. However, we are simply unable to offer a tuition discount due to several factors listed below:
- Your tuition dollars cover 90% of our school’s operating budget, with the majority of tuition monies directly funding faculty and staff salaries. The Woodward Fund and income from our endowment cover the balance between tuition and actual cost of a Woodward education each year.
- In order to offer a remote learning school option, and to plan for potential school interruptions that may be beyond our control, our expenses have actually increased.
- We’ve invested in state-of-the-art technology devices that will offer a more robust and experiential remote learning experience.
- We’ve increased professional development for our teachers so they are better equipped to provide the best instruction in all learning scenarios and environments.
- We also have increased our budget for financial aid in response to financial strain placed on families by these conditions, so that families of students in grades K-12, rather than just 6-12, can apply for aid. (If you or would like more information, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)