We view the use of face masks as an important way that we, as a community, can do our part to stop, or at least slow, the spread of the virus and protect each other. Students as well as all employees will be required to wear a face mask at school every day.
We understand that prolonged use of face masks could be difficult for some students (especially our younger students), and each school will offer supervised “breaks” for students who need to remove their face mask temporarily, in a safe, physically distanced space within the classroom or outdoors. We encourage students to go ahead and begin wearing face masks now so that when school begins, they will be more comfortable and accustomed to wearing one.
Important for All Students:
- Bring TWO disposable or washable cloth face masks to school daily. (If the face mask becomes soiled, a disposable mask will be provided by the school.) Please see information below on acceptable face mask options.
- If students do not comply with the face mask requirements, for the safety and security of our community, they will be asked to follow the remote learning option.
- Face masks may not have words, logos, or images (unless it is a Woodward logo or image from the Campus Store). Patterns and designs are acceptable. The mask also must be one of the types listed below:
Face Mask Options
The following types of face masks are acceptable:
- Washable cloth face masks
- Disposable surgical or medical masks
- Double layered gaiters made of cotton
- Dust masks
- Neoprene masks with a replaceable paper filter
- Please note:
- Face shields or bandanas may NOT be used as substitutes for masks.
- Masks with exhale valves are NOT acceptable.