We maintain as much physical distancing as possible during bus rides by limiting bus ridership to 60% of total capacity. Additional safety and sanitizing measures are as follows:
- All students riding the bus are required to wear facial coverings at all times during their ride. Students who do not follow our facial covering guidelines will need to find alternate transportation to and from school.
- Siblings are asked to be seated together.
- Seats are assigned to assist in contact tracing. See Contact Tracing section for details.
- Additional ventilation is provided through roof hatches, windows, and the bus HVAC system, adjusting as needed for weather.
- Buses are cleaned and sanitized after each route, using the same products outlined in the Cleaning & Sanitizing section for school buildings and facilities.
- Bus riders must complete the Daily Morning Screening via the Magnus app prior to arriving at their bus stop in order to board the bus.
- If your student will only ride when needed or on isolated occasions, we ask that you notify Student Transport one day prior to your need for the bus, by contacting email@example.com.
- Please direct any additional transportation-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because buses are operating at 60% capacity, and because we are relying on assigned seats for contact tracing, it is important that students and parents discuss their specific situation directly with our Student Transport team.
Please see the diagram for how we plan to seat students on our 56 passenger buses.