Week of Understanding
Woodward's commitment to embracing differences is an intentional one, with annual occasions such as Week of Understanding—an Academy-wide celebration of the many, varied, and unique differences within our community. While we work every day to instill a deep respect for difference within our students in all that we do, this annual week provides devoted time to emphasize just how important this value is at Woodward Academy.
Woodward parents are invited to attend any (or all!) of the following special assemblies, speakers, and activities that will take place throughout the week of March 19-23, 2018.
- Primary School - Community Meeting
- Lower School - Assembly Program
- Middle School - Assembly Program
- Woodward North - Assembly Program
- "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" with Ted Ward, National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Date: Monday, March 19, 2018
- Time: 1:43 p.m.
- Location: Lower School Gym/Cafeteria (No. 2 on the Campus Map)
- Guest Speaker Ms. Gloria Glantz, one of the few surviving hidden children of the Holocaust (and grandmother of a WA 8th-grader)
- Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Time: 2 p.m.
- Location: Champions Gym (No. 30 on the Campus Map)